Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who would have thought!

I began the evening just under 4 bubbles of XP into level 43. I only played for 45 minutes last night and completed 7 quests in southern STV near Booty Bay and that was enough for me to hit level 44. To say I was a little stunned might be an understatement, but I was also thrilled. I really had not planned on making a level last night. I'm off to the Badlands where I will begin to finish off the quests here before heading over to Tanaris. I am realizing that I definitely need to go and tame a beast that has the claw ability for my cat. This would go a long way in helping my cat do way more damage, not that she doesn't do enough already. I'm debating about adding Bite to that as well and I will research that more fully. I know that I will need to go back and respec her soon but I may also hold off as I will be entering Searing Gorge soon and having fire resistance is a definite bonus.

Right now, outside of quests and such, my goal is to be entering the Outlands by the middle of the month of October. I am really feeling confident that this is possible. Hopefully I can get to high enough level that Zulu can move straight into Northrend when LK releases. :D

I really had no idea that traps and pets would be the center of my learning and research for this character at this time in her developement. For some reason, I had this idea in my head that it would be more about where to go and what quests to finish out that would be pre-occupying my time. Having a seriously good pet and knowing the best way to trap and when to trap is really becoming a fundamental part of my survivability. I am regularly taking on 2 to 4 mobs at a time now and usually I never have issues any more. When I do, I Freeze trap whomever runs after me, finish off the rest and then kill my trapped mob. Once in a blue moon though this doesn't happen and I get into real trouble or get killed. In these cases though, I just chalk it up to a learning experience and go on from there.

Regarding pets, I know my cat needs more abilities. Claw definitely and probably Bite too. I also need to go and tame a gorilla when I enter Un'Goro. I really want to have these two pets and possibly a third pet for when I enter Outlands and beyond. What I have no idea about is what pet would make a good utility pet. I really cannot think of any situations that I have been in or will be in where I would need that kind of flexibility right now. I'll definitely look into this matter more fully, but I am going to have to retire my boar permanently so free up a slot for my pets as I tame some for their abilities, and I want to have the space for my gorilla as well.

Ah, sweet hunting bliss.

No comments: