Thursday, September 18, 2008

Early Musings

While I am not an expert hunter yet, I can say, I love my life as a hunter. Running around Azeroth killing enemies, beasts, elementals, demons, and what not is right up my ally. Up until recently this life pretty much revolved around sending in my boar and blasting my targets away. Now though, as I gain more skills and confidence, I can really appreciate what tools we have. Between traps and Feign Death, there is really very little that I cannot handle as long as my pet is alive. Mobs 3 or 4 levels higher than me are not a problem. Handling 3 to 5 mobs my level or lower than me equals no problems. Completing quests is not an issue either, in fact I fly through them. And if I get into a sticky situation, I can always find a way to get out of it.

Beast Master is the spec that I've come to prefer. I love the fact that my pet rarely dies and can hold aggro on multiple mobs with ease. My boar, named Tusken, just charges in and takes the beating unitl I can shoot down the mobs. Rarely does he ever lose aggro so I rarely have to worry about trapping or feigning when I'm working on my quests. My hunting range right now is taking me through the Thousand Needles, Hillsbrad Foothills, and the northern portions of Stranglethorn Vale. One of my short term goals is to tame one of the panthers that has prowl. As much as I love my Boar, it is time for a new pet and I believe a cat is my best bet on that. Now to think of a name.

Another matter I'm going to have to seriously consider is whether I should drop mining and pickup Leatherworking. The crafted armor from this profession really works well for hunters and the other items that can craft would definitely be profitable on the AH, problem is having the money to afford this. I know that if I spend the time farming the leather to level it up, I won't be doing much real leveling and that would be bad for me at the moment. Ahh... well, I'll figure it out as I go along like I always do.

Happy huning all,
Zuluki

No comments: