Monday, September 29, 2008

Stranglethorn Vale and Beyond

What is it about Stranglethorn Vale that keeps players coming back for more and more? I realize that this is one of the most intensive qeusting areas in the game and that for both sides there is a ton of quests. From what I can gather, if a player spent a good amount of time grinding as well as questing, I believe it's entirely possible to go from level 30 to 45 without ever leaving this zone. Now I wouldn't advise this, but I'm sure it's been done. While I have yet to get tired of being in this place right now, I can't say how much longer this will last. On my alliance toons I quickly became real tired of having to come back to STV over and over again. This hasn't happened with Zulu though. Part of this is because this is my first Horde character going through STV and that fact that it has only taken me 14 days to get to level 43 and the last handful of quests in STV. Compare that to the other times I've been here and spent a couple of months in STV each time.

There is one thing of note that is entirely different than my other times here. I have found so many new places in STV that I have never seen before. I don't know of this was intentional, but Zulu has seen more of STV than any character that I've ever brought into this place and she has blown through quests left and right. So did Blizz purposefully make this zone to be so different for each side? Or have they just made it this way so that classes like hunters can really fly through it. I have never played a hunter of either side in STV until now so my reference point is different. I like how new and fresh this zone is to me now, and I am really excited to see how things finish out here. I only have 2 quests from Grom'Gol to finish and I am currently about halfway through all the quests from Booty Bay. From the looks of it I will make another level there before I finish up with the quests.

I have not decided which direction to go from here. I can either head into Feralas or to Tanaris or I can also head into the Hinterlads. I am leaning more toward Tanaris, then Feralas and then on into the Hinterlands. From there I can also move into the Blasted Lands and Searing Gorge as well. Either way I go I can pretty much gaurantee that I will make 2 or more levels per zone. The best route to go from here is up in the air as I'm not sure which way is really best. Tanaris seems to be the most logical next point to go to, but I could also be way wrong on this. What I do know is that I will be well poised to really move quickly from here. At this rate I should definitely be in my 60's very soon and I can't wait. I've already gotten my money for my epic mount so from there it should all be a cake walk. I guess though my concern now is how long is it going to take me to get through my 60's. I have another couple of weeks to figure this out, but I am wondering if it's even possible to go through the outlands and hit 70 in just a week or two?

For right now it looks like I'll be in my mid 60's when Lich King comes out. And unless I get some more time to play I cannot forsee me making 70 before then. Ahh well, I'm still going to try.

No comments: