Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blink... Blink...

When I hit 50, I was looking at my quest log and the coming zones and thinking that there is no way I will make it into them all. I still had quite a few quests to do in Feralas, Tanaris and the Hinterlands and I was already picking up the travel quests for many of the level 50 zones. So I sat down at my computer Friiday night and started to finish up my level 40 zone quests thinking it would be a while before I entered any of the level 50 zones.

So not true.....

It went like this, run around for 10 minutes. Feralas is done. Go to Tanaris and run around for an hour or so (mainly collecting scorpid scales for my Dragonscale LW quests), finished Tanaris. Went to Hinterlands and ran to the top of the troll city/temple and budda bing, Hinterlands finished. And now I am level 51 and all that is in my quest log are travel quests. So I am like, okay lets go...

Go to Azshara and get FP and start hunter quest chain. Go to Un'Goro and get FP and pick up quests there. Then I go to Burning Steppes and get FP there then fly back to Searing Gorge realizing that I have done nothing here. Well, I figure what the heck, lets see what we can do. I pick up all the quests and run off towards the gorge and start killing. Thirty minutes later I am level 52 and heading back to turn in my quests and that puts me almost halfway to 52. So I finally break down and go back to Un'Goro and start questing there. I completed almost half of the quests, dinged 53 and then turned them all in. Headed off to vend my stuff, level LW more with all the leather from my bags and then head off to Felwood.

I picked up the FP in Felwood and then went and completed the first quest for Timbermaw rep. Then I headed off to Winterspring and Everlook to turn in the travel quest for there. This has brought me to halfway through 53, which means I will probably hit 54 tonight. This all has happened in about 5 hours of play from Friday night to the one hour this morning I played before the servers shut down for maintenance and I had to go to work. Can it go any faster?

My goal of reaching the upper 60's if not 70 by Nov. 13th seems to be really within reach. Sadly though after the recent announcement of what is happening on the BETA regarding hunters talents and abilities this may be as far as I will take Zulu. A lot will depend upon what we see live, but right now it is looking like Blizz has decided that hunters are worse than rogues and they have hit us with a whole slew of nerfs. So many I feel it may just make hunters obsolete. Shot rotations will be gone, "Oh, Sh*^" buttons will be gone, trapping will change and from the looks of it right now our DPS will take a huge hit overall. Add to that everything seems to look like it will cost a lot more mana.

Ah well. I will just keep plugging away until LK goes live and then we'll have to see what happens from there.

No comments: