Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ka-Ching Ding.....

High Fives for all, I hit 75!!!

So, last night, right before I logged off and went to bed I hit level 75. I finished turning in my quests in Venomspite and the hearthed to Dalaran. Unloaded my bags, mailed AH items to my bank alt and then ported to Orgrimmar for training. After that I equiped a my Dark Frostscale pants, added the Jormunger Leg Reinforcement and took a quick look in the AH. There I found Helm of the Broken Ram, bought that. So what does this all mean?

Well, my AP went down a little, but about 20 pts, but I increased my hit by almost 40 points and increased my crit rating by about 2.5 percentage points. So the marginal loss in top end damage is covered by hitting more often for a little more base damage and an increase in the number of crits I will have. 1/6 chance to Crit is a lot better than the 1/7 or 1/8 chance that I did have. Morale of all of this is. As I get access to more and more blue and better gear I am learning how to balance my stats appropriately to hit as hard as I can and to allow my pets to shred their opponents.

This morning.... I'm looking at my bank and realize that to continue to craft my LW items for skill ups, that I am in desperate need of Elemental Air. So off to Borean Tundra, which is the only place that I am aware of so far to farm Crystalized Air. I hour of banging away, I am about 40g richer and have enough Crystalized air for 2 eternals. (Man there has to be a better place than this to get this stuff.) That done I craft 5 Swiftarrow Bracers and now all my LW recipes are yellow again. :( Man this sucks, I am now at 426 LW and out of mats so back to farming for a little while. This will be good for getting both of my pets leveled again so I'm not that upset but I really need to find a sweet spot to get enough leather for the Heavy Borean Leather I need for my recipes.

Ah well. I sent to of the bracers off to Genzdawn and Dawnzgen for their future use and will continue to send them stuff as I craft the items for the Swiftarrow set. Now I just have to figure out how I will get from 426 to 440 as quickly as possible. The amount of Heavy Borean Leather I need is almost staggering to think about when you consider the stuff sells for about 150g on my server. This means I won't be buying it if I have any thoughts of acquiring my flying mount any where near level 77.

I have noticed when reading around that a lot of the hunters on the blogs are starting to talk about pets. The conversatoins run the gamut of topics and most are very informative. But I'm still a bit perplexed by one pet ability. Cower. I have never understood this ability and from reading the tooltip, I can only see a use for it in instances. So maybe some one could enlighten me on this or maybe I'll go over to Larissa's Hunter Forum and ask there... that will depend upon how busy I am today.

Zulu

No comments: