Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dragonblight

So, this morning I begin questing in Dragonblight and ran into a couple of other hunters that I know. They invite me to their group and off we go.... The nice thing was that neither of them are skinners so I got tons of leather from our quests and then we went after a couple of the Wanted: poster mobs. So off we went and found Gigantaur, first time we wipe. Second time he falls nice and easy. Then we took down Dreadtalon without a hitch as well. So why then am I writing of this?

Well, for one, I normally don't group with people for quests, even elite or group ones. The primary reason is that I've had really bad experiences doing this in the past so I tend to shy away from this style of play. What was nice here is that not only did things work out well, though it was kinda weird to see 3 hunters running around together. Both of these hunters are well geared from BC, and what I found was that I was easily on equal footing with them regarding damage and such. I didn't run a damage meter so I cannot say specifically how close we all were. I do know that I was holding my own just on the fact that I pulled aggro more often than they did. To an extent this surprises me as they are so much better geared and both are specced for MM. Either way it was nice to see that I could hold my own.

We are planning to do some instances now in the mornings depending upon who we can find to run with us. I'll keep you posted especially since if these groups make, they will be the first instances I've run on Zulu and I'm sure they will be interesting as well as a huge learning experience.

Zulu

No comments: