Friday, December 12, 2008

Looking Forward - Gear and Stats

I spent some time last night looking over the LW items that I can make as well as what was available in the AH for sale. To my surprise and pleasure I noticed that there is a lot of BLUE armor items that are seeing a decent amount of turnover in the AH. Prices are reasonable and the stats available for a lot of that equipment are really nice. This has really gotten me to thinking what I need to be shooting for stat wise at 80. I'm already reading on BRK's site that level 80 hunters should have AP in the 3000 to 3500 range. I feel like my stats are comfortable for my level and the level of my gear currently. And since I only hit 70 just after the release of LK I'm happy with this. Plus LW does offer a lot of good gear. Here again, I am blessed in that my LW skill is high enough that I can actually craft gear that is above my level. From this standpoint I really don't need to be looking to buy anything in the AH, but at the same time, having access to both is groovy. I'm imagining given some of the changes regarding how things scale now that Crit Chance will need to be somewhere above 22 or 23%. What is still hard to figure is what will be a nominal number for AGI and INT, as well as if there is going to be a need for a nominal MP5 number.

While I know I won't be starting at 80 with great gear, it is nice to see that I will have plenty of access to good gear without having to run any of the instances right off the bat. I can't wait. I will definitely be hitting 72 over the weekend and I am hoping that I can make some good ground towards 73 as well.

Zulu

No comments: