Monday, November 3, 2008

Hellfire, Zangermarsh, Terrorkar....

I cannot believe that I have raced through these areas so quickly. I think I am at least 1/3 of the way through Terrorkar right now and except for all the group quests in Zanger, I've completed everything there. I cleared 2 levels over the weekend making me a lot more confident about hitting at least 68 by the middle of next week. In my favor though is another weekend and a day next week where I can play all day long. If this doesn't get me as ready as possible for Lich King, then nothing will.

Some interesting things I've observed. One is that my stats are a lot higher than I would have anticipated at this level of the game. I've very close to havnig 1000 AP, and my crit chance is over 16%. While I try to keep fairly itemized gear wise, I am no where near what would be optimal. Since the changes in 3.0.2, learning to add in INT to my gear mix up has been interesting. While I tend to collect gear with 'of the Bandit' from the AH, I am finding that the quest rewards and such are actually a lot better as far as itemization goes. I see more gear from quest rewards that cover AGI, INT, AP and Hit than I do anywhere else, and there is apart of me that wishes I could do instances to gather the blue gear from there. Either way, I get the best gear I can before running off to Northrend.

I have decided that maxing my LW is in my best interest at this point as well. I am only 35 points away from 375 and if I can get this maxed before I go to Northrend I feel I will be in really good shape there. That way I can gear up on crafted gear and put myself in position to level LW as quickly as possible. I think that once I reach level 80 and max my Leatherworking at 450 I am going gear up as much as possible and then drop LW and level another crafting profession. I'm leaning towards either Engineering or Enchanting. Not sure on which but one of these will come next.

I feel comfortable that I will reach level 66 before Friday, then I'll make one or two more levels over the weekend and I am hoping that I can reach level 69 or 70 before the release and craft my epic crafted gear by then. Here's to hoping and I've got my fingers crossed.

Happy Hunting all...
Zuluki

No comments: