Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Northrend & Warsong Hold

A couple of weeks ago I was determined to quest and grind for rep in Nagrand so that I could hopefully get one of the new mounts there. If life had been kind, this would have happened and I would have reached level 69 and possibly 70 and finished my grind to exatled for the mount. Murphy had his way again though and I found myself barely playing during the weeks leading up to and through the release of the new expansion. In fact, I wasn't able to get my copy of the expansion until the Friday following the expansion. My first time to log on and to see the full granduer of LK was Saturday morning and that meant Zulu had to wait. I first logged into my Ally main, a level 70 Shammy, to take him to Northrend first and explore around, snatch up my next mastery levels for my professions and orient myself with things there. It was a lot of fun and the Alliance village on the coast is really set up nicely and in an interesting manner.

Following this I rolled my Death Knight. Don't berate me too much, but I rolled Alliance (as this is where my primary guild and friends are) with a Dwarf. Kragnar by name and I have to say, I love this little fella. Don't be surprised to see me begin a blog just for him. Then I logged onto Zulu...

She dinged 68 super fast (I was only 3 bubbles away since the last time I played her) regeared with some stuff I had waiting in my bank and then took off for Orgrimmar and the Zepplin to Northrend. My arrive at Warsong Hold has been one of the most awe inspiring moments since I've started playing this game. Warsong Hold is massive, gothic, and completely awe inspiring. So far it the best city I've seen in the game. I literally spent almost an hour there just taking the place in. Then it began, I was off to the races and I have started to level. I haven't dinged just yet but I am already replacing gear at a rapid rate and my stats have literally jumped by a hundred or so points. And I have taken my first magic carpet ride and I have decided that if possible, my flying mount will be one of these awesome things. See above for what I mean by that.

I will defiintely have more to come, so stay tuned!

Zuluki

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say, Warsong Hold is the one city I want to see in Northrend. None of the Alliance towns are complete per se because they're all still under construction. Warsong Hold, on the other hand, has always captivated me since the first screenshot of its exterior. It looks very menacing.

Zuluki said...

Warsong is truly awesome. The interior is as foreboding as the exterior and if it were not occupied by the Horde I'd expect to see it as a RAID type instance. I hope you have the opportunity to take a horde alt there to see someday.